Equipping disabled with facilities Like Wheelchair Hoist, Car Wheelchair Hoist, Patient Hoist, Hand Operated Clutch, Auxiliary Accelerator, Wheelchair Hoist, Customized Hand Controls For Cars and Alterations for Physically Challenged Driven Vehicles, Wheel Chair Hoist, , to be self-dependent in almost all tasks...
Ferro Equip is an engineering company in the automobile sector successfully providing a variety of Equipment and Fittings needed to be incorporated into the vehicles for providing ease of use to physically challenged people. Dr. Ferdinand Joseph Rodricks is the person behind the foundation and promotion of the company, who transformed his desire to find a way to help improve the lifestyle of physically challenged people, lower down their dependency on others and help them get on the road; into a passion of modifying hundreds of vehicles and devices every year to give them mobility in their homes, workplaces or while on the go. He laid down the foundation stone of the company in the year 1983 in Malad (West) region of Mumbai in the Indian state of Maharashtra. In 35 years, we, a team of dedicated personnel have installed rotary seats, patient hoists, hand controls, swimming pool hoists, auxiliary accelerators, seats for cerebral palsy children, to name a few. Today, we are operating as a manufacturer & supplier of Wheelchair Hoist, Car Wheelchair Hoist, Patient Hoist, Hand Operated Clutch, Auxiliary Accelerator, Wheelchair Hoist, Customized Hand Controls For Cars and Alterations for Physically Challenged Driven Vehicles, Wheel Chair Hoist, and many more devices and fittings. These add-ons are designed to let physically challenged enjoy the pleasure of driving car, swimming and trekking.
Our ISO 9001:2008 certified, ARAI certified & RTO approved company is delivering a number of equipment and fittings to automobile industries all across the country. With our range, companies can retrofit vehicles with attachments to provide comfort and mobility freedom to people who are physically limited by any condition. The originality of the vehicles are little bit changed, with the modification of the arrangement of seat and controls for ease of operation. What We Are Good At?We never stop our experimentation process, as we understand that the fact that technology in this field changes quickly. With continuous experiments, we are developing and improving continuously, bringing forth best possible solutions for adapted vehicles. We understand the challenges faced by disabled with conditions, like paralysis, limb impairment and shortness of stature, that helps us in creating our range of equipment and fittings. The range is developed in different designs, sizes and configurations to suit almost all vehicles. Customers can be assured of the quality of products provided by us.About Dr. Ferdinand Joseph RodricksThe mentor has worked for hundreds of people throughout the country and provided them effective and workable solutions. He has left not even a single vehicle, which he has not worked upon. His zeal to accept challenges has helped him achieve what other could not. Some of his works are described here:
- He has been the CEO of the Mahindra Authorized Service centre " The Milestone" from start up in 1999 for 16 years and achieved the best in customer care in Maharashtra.
- He took training sessions, where he taught staff & HOD's about Values of life, attitude and being human.
- In 2000, he customized a vehicle for a British Scientist Prof. Stephan Hawking to travel with his wheelchair during his visit to India.
- He manufactured easy to use, light to carry and first of the kind in India Telescopic Portable ramps to encounter small flight of steps or entrances.
- In 2004, he developed a Swimming Pool Hoist for PRC (Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre Pune) for hydrotherapy - first of its kind In India.
- Another innovation of his is Motorized lift for an Ambulance, which is being used by AIIPMR (All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation).
- Developed a totally hand operated GO -KART for a disabled person with both limb disabilities to drive.
- Introduced an Electric Wheelchair Hoist which can be fitted on any car that can load and unload a folded wheelchair onto the vehicle's carrier / roof, giving mobility freedom to a wheelchair user.
- Introduced Hand Controls for all cars (automatic or Manual transmission) that enable a person with one or both limb disability to drive the car using his hands only.
- Developed Vertical Lift - built for the RBI Currency Museum, to make the museum accessible for disabled.